Friday, April 8, 2011

Recap: Final Thoughts

One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating - Luciano Pavarotti


As part of a food blog, there is no better quote to describe exactly what it is we do. This is a concept so simple yet true and to not take eating seriously and fully experience it, we would not be really experiencing life. Eating is something we must all do, it is part of our nature and there is no way around it. Then if this is the case, why not make it something we want to do? Food to me is something I absolutely love and it is the thing I look forward to most when I wake up. For me, this blog was a way to really savor food and get a chance to mesh food with my thoughts from a different perspective. In other words, it made me aware of not only the food itself, but how it tasted, how it was presented and how the atmosphere of a restaurant could influence how I enjoyed it. Being able to do a blog about eating delicious food was an amazing experience. It not only gave me another excuse to be able to stuff my face but it also allowed me to experience more of what life has to offer.
-Ryan Moo


This project was by far the best project I have ever had. This project was about my hobby and I enjoyed every second of this experience. I enjoyed going to new restaurants that I have never been before and I enjoyed the time spending with new people. It was great going out to eat with my classmates and writing down our opinions about the place. Each person contributed into picking a restaurant that was a different theme such as: Mexican food, Japanese food, American food, and etc. Even though the project did cost me some money on the food, I do not regret choosing to do this project with my classmates.
-Kevin Nguyen


Looking back on the journey we have taken on this food quest, it was extremely excited and fulfilling, especially to my stomach.  I got to taste different types of foods, some of which I had already tried and wanted my teammates to experience too, and some of which were restaurants I have always wanted to try, but never got the time to.  This project was a fresh of breathe air, because it gave us the chance to do something not because we wanted the grade, but because we wanted the experience.  All the restaurants we ate at were in the O.C., making it extremely beneficial personally because I know new restaurants to take my friends, family, and most importantly a special lady friend.  Ever since our first week, I have came back to Tranquil Tea Lounge three times, for my big sister, my brothers, and my special someone.  All in all, I had a blast doing this, and I would not hesitate one second to do this project all over again.  This is what I always say, some eat to live, but I live to eat.
-Robin Nguyen

No comments:

Post a Comment