Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cham Sut Gol Korean BBQ





Cham Sut Gol is every meat lover's paradise, a little piece of Heaven where the term all-you-can-eat literally means, as much meat as you can possibly ingest before the "food coma" sets in. It is a small chain of all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ restaurants with locations in Garden Grove, Rowland Heights, and Los Angeles. This is a Korean BBQ restaurantthat features a variety of meats set in different price categories, from the standard selection to the premium cuts. What does that mean? Unlike most all-you-can-eat Korean restaurants where you stand up and select your meats like a buffet, the meats you choose, from a menu, are brought to you whenever you'd like, as much as you want, through the touch of a button and your friendly host. This is a brilliant idea because now you can enjoy your delicious food in good company, without any distractions, other than what meat to order next! Of course it wouldn't be Korean food without all the "banchan," the delicious side dishes they serve with your meal. For those with a sweet tooth, if you can still breathe at the end of the meal, they have a variety of ice creams to choose from, which is always a perfect end to any meal.




These are some pictures of the food selection at Cham Sut Gol.
Testimonials:



Cham Sut Gol is basically everything I could ever want from an all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ restaurant. From the endless meats, the side dishes, delicious egg drop "soup" and the refreshing salad, everything was delicious. The price is pretty reasonable as well. During lunch with tax and tip it is around 17 per person, and for the amount that I can eat, I am very happy. The interior at the Garden Grove location was spacious and accommodating, perfect for small or large groups, and the host and hostesses were very friendly. To top it all off, they have ice cream from green tea to cupcake batter and back to rocky road. What more can I say?
-Ryan Moo


This wasn't my first experience coming to Cham Sut Gol. My first time coming here was at a birthday party and I thought it was a great place to go eat with friends. I suggested this place because the group agreed on eating Korean BBQ and the place wasn't disappointing. I ordered the $13.99 lunch buffet that came with all you can eat brisket, chicken, pork, ground beef, and it came with the side of a salad and soup. I'm not much of a pork eater, but I ate one piece of pork because it was on the grill. Besides the pork and ground beef, everything else was superb. A place where you can grill your own food is pretty fun in my opinion. After eating all you can eat buffet, theres FREE ice cream at the end. It's a great place and well worth spending if you are going with a date or friends. Beware though after eating all of the food, you may go into a food coma. Food coma is when you are sleepy after a fulfilling meal. This place is a 10 out of 10 gold stars for me. 
-Kevin Nguyen

Throughout my eating career and life, I have been to many different Korean BBQ restaurants, but however, none are quite as fulfilling and a nice environment as this.  Yes it is a little pricey, but in my opinion it is worth it.  The side dishes were delicious, and the meat was of high quality.  To top it all off, the ice cream was self-served and a great way to top off a delicious all you can eat.  It was limited flavors, but great flavors, green tea and cupcake flavor.  I heard this place gets crowded at night time, so I am glad we went early in the day, and I can see how it does and can get crowded.  All in all, if you can afford it, I would recommend this place.
-Robin Nguyen

Grading:
Food & Beverage: A-
Environment: B-
Service: B
Overall: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment