Thursday, March 17, 2011

Slater's 50/50 Burgers by Design

Slater's 50/50 is known as "burgers by design" and it is the newest brand of restaurant in interactive dining. The restaurant is a casual, laid back environment where you design your own gourmet burger. The menu offers five different types of meat with different spices, a wide selection of bread, twelve cheeses, thirty toppings, and twenty sauces. However, they are most famous for their 50/50 patty where it is mixed with 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon. Also, this place is open till 2 a.m. where there is a bar perfect for sporting events. This place is recently open, and has only one location in Anaheim Hills.

A view of inside the restaurant.
A look at the famous 50/50 Burger.


Testimonials:

So this wasn't my first time at 50/50's and of all the times I've been there, the food has been great. It's the kind of place you can go to drink with friends and watch the game, while eating the burger of your dreams. They are known for their 50/50, which is a patty consisting of half beef and half bacon. Hungry yet? You can top off this good idea with another and add fried onion straws, pepper jack cheese, green chilies, and an egg over medium. This is a good burger place! They also have appetizers like fried artichoke hearts, onion straws, and my favorite, sweet potato fries. I'm a firm believer that anything fried tastes good and these appetizers definitely hold true to the saying. The only negative thing I would have to say is that the service wasn't the best this last time that I went, but other than that, I would definitely go again.

-Ryan Moo

This was my first time coming to Slater's 50/50 and the place wasn't that bad. It is a nice burger restaurant to go eat with friends during lunchtime or even dinner. I like how if you don't like whatever is on the menu, then you can design your own burger and name it. I designed my own burger and named it Prime Time burger. My burger was the messiest burger out of the group's burger and it was good. I didn't like how the "grilled" pepper was slimy. The burger was cooked perfect at medium rare, but what stole the show for me was their pumpkin sauce. That sauce was amazing when I was eating it with the sweet potato fries. It tasted like pumpkin pie for me. The service was nice and I would come back here once in a while. 

-Kevin Nguyen

This was my first time here at this place. I heard many different, but great review for this place. I ordered the 50/50 burger that had a great patty, with different, tasty sauces, and topped off with fried egg. The sweet potato fries was also delicious. However, what caught my eye was the great selection of beer. There was over thirty different types of delicious beers. We came during the early afternoon, but I was just imagining how it would be great to come back at night time, get a burger and a beer and enjoy a sports game.  It seems like it would be a great time. I recommend this place to have a good burger, good beer, and enjoy a great sports game.
-Robin Nguyen

Grading:
Food & Beverage: B
Environment: B+
Service: B-
Overall: B

No comments:

Post a Comment